Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Decorating with Antlers

Where would you put these?


Here, the mirror would have to go. (PS: the front door is to the right of this dresser). Nothing says welcome to my house like a pair of antlers.

Or here. This is the dinning room. Who doesn't want to enjoy a nice meal with an Elk head staring at them.

Or lastly, the garage. (no picture, it's not up to Grandma and Grandpa standards right now, therefore it can't be photographed).

Where would you put your antlers?

11 comments:

the meyersons said...

To me, antlers have always been a bedroom thing.

Claudia said...

I would put them in the garage!!! Not in the house. I am sorry Tom!!! They go in the garage or workshop if you had one!!!

Grandma Gale said...

Do you have a basement? They are definitly a basement thing. Good luck! Maybe your closet and you could hang things on them like hooks. Ha ha

gaye said...

It is a good thing those antlers were not obtained by my husband because they would be in the living room over the mantel... I think the closet idea of Gale's is good.

Beckstrand's said...

Jen - We thought about the bedroom but then how is everyone suppose to see the great kill he had.
Gale I saw on some blogs people who actually did that! I wish my closet was that big.
Mom - they would be there but the starburst mirror won out, it might have been more expensive since the elk was free.

Patrick Stevenson said...

Hang them next to the ginormous, pink safe. :)

Ras Family said...

glad your blog is back. antlers...goes well in a man cave. :)

Julie said...

By the front door has the advantage of them MAYBE having an accident - wink, wink - and getting hit by the door.
Dining room seems to be a puncture hazard - as in, poking out the eye of a very tall friend when they're not looking where they're going.
Garage is the winner for me. Think of the great satisfaction Tom will feel whenever her opens the garage door and sees those antlers.
There is also his office. I always liked putting all the things I didn't know what to do with in Butch's office.

Jeni said...

Just checking in, Shannon. I'm serious...antlers are the new thing. In the store ZGallery they are everywhere...painted white and black.
I vote garage. For sure.

lady said...

Garage OR in the bathroom to hang right over Toms throne. then on the wall right across from the toliet put a mirror....then instead of reading during "that time" he can just look in the mirror and marvel at his kill that his hanging over his head.

Heather said...

oh, i wish i had your problem...my husband also does taxidermy, so i'm very rarely faced with just the antlers...we have a full size mountain goat, mounted on a rock in our living room. quite the talking point!