Friday, September 11, 2009

Thank you!

Today is a great day to thank all the service men and women risking their lives fighting for our freedom and to remember those who have died for us to be able to live in this free country. I think we often forget there are men and women putting their lives in danger everday so you and I can enjoy our freedoms.
I don't think I have really thanked my Grandpa for his service during WWII. He is an amazing man who fought for our country during a time of need and is rarely thanked for his service. There aren't many men like him left in our country which is a shame. Thank you Grandpa for the person you are and the lessons and values you have taught me through your great example. You are a true patriot!!
Thank you to my wonderful husband for your service! You are a great example to me and those around you. Thank you and I love you!

God Bless America!

3 comments:

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Thank you, Shannon, for that poignant reminder! I watched a rerun on the news today from 8 years ago, and felt those same feelings of shock and sickness. And as I've driven around SLC and looked at tall buildings, I'm reminded even further.

Thanks to your Tom!!! And Grandpa, and all the others. Love, Jane

homegirl said...

Waht a blessing it is that we have these courageous men to defend our freedom. Tell your husband we love and appreciate him.

Claudia said...

Right on, Shannon, I couldn't have said it better. And I too am grateful for your husband and all the service that he has given to all of us and his country.
I am also grateful for all of the men and women who put their lives on the line for us so that we can live is this wonderful FREE country. It really isn't free because it has come with a hefty price!!!!