Monday, March 9, 2009

Princesses

Yes, we have now all earned the title of Princess. If you have questions or forget our running bib's say so. This past weekend we, Lori, Amanda Call, Amanda Fellingham, Kim, Michele (friend), Annie, Sarah (Annie's sister) and myself and decided to run the first ever Disney Princess Half Marathon. It was a blast. If you want proof just watch us walk and if that's not enough check out the blisters on our feet. First we decided to dress up in tutus and tieras, so did everyone else. I'm sure from the sky it looked like a sea of pink tutus floating down the street. We started the run at Epcot, ran over to Magic Kingdom and through the castle and then back to Epcot. Apparently the Disney Princesses were scattered throughout the race but I don't remember them. I vaguely remember people stopping to take pictures. Anyway the boys were there to met us at the end.
Later that night they had a Happily Ever After party at Hollywood Studios, formally known as MGM from 7-12 just for runners and friends. They had the Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster and Toy Story open the entire night. We literally walked onto each ride, that's the way to do Disney. Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure


Tom and I after the race, yes still wearing the tutu and tiera. I tried to get Tom to call me Princess Shannon, but he wouldn't. Something about it going to my head. I don't know what he is talking about.


Me jogging across the finish line, I look kind of silly and I am not talking about the tutu, just the way I run.

Lori, there's a real runner!

Devin and Amanda after the race, yes we did get medals.

Danny and Amanda Fellingham. She always looks cute, even after 13.1 miles

Cousin Rachael punching Devin.

The Toy Story ride. My husband is awesome, he had a 100% accuracy rate shooting the game and with 3-D glasses on. He's unstoppable!!

Michelle and Steve, friends who came down to run the race, sorry no pictures of her running, she's a machine and finished first.

Devin and Amanda thinking they can score 100% as well.

10 comments:

gaye said...

Love it!!! I will call you princess Shannon even if Prince Tom will not. You deserve it for running.

lady said...

HA! You guys look sooo cute! Way to go on the run!!! You look so happy!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That is awesome. The costumes are great. I'm impressed with your running...way to go!

Kim-the-girl said...

Seriously awesome! I love it! Way to go!

Jeni said...

wow! so amazing!
Running in disneyworld looks so much fun! You guys are my heroes!

the meyersons said...

I love this with all my heart. I think you should always wear a tutu. Make the people remember your princesshood. Force it.

homegirl said...

Princess Shannon, I'm very proud of you! Way to go on your first half marathon! You even did with a tutu on! :)

Jeni said...

forgetting to ask...what was the temperature during the run?

Krystal said...

YAY!! You are a true Princess..I am so impressed!!How was it?

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

The princesses rule!!! What a FUN race! And then you got to do Disney World afterward. AWESOME!!! You guys are totally cool! love, Jane