Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The world of grown-ups

For 2 years our house has looked like this (the neighbors loved us) no grass due to drought


One day I came home from work and found this.. (turkey poop, it smells divine)

And now I have this!!! Complete with porch swing, porch chair and hanging flower baskets.


And now Tom has to do this...poor guy!




8 comments:

Claudia said...

Shannon, I am glad that the yard is in before I get there. Looking foward to seeing you guys and seeing your home. Looks great!!!

Claudia said...

Tell Tom that he doesn't have do to as much as his father. Our riding lawn mover bit the dust. so he is doing our lawn like Tom does his. Grant doesn't seem to mind. I told him to go get a new riding lawn mower but you know Grant, maybe next year!

aLi said...

hahaha! You poor poor kiddos having to grow up and take care of your yard.
My next question OF COURSE is What's next miss Shannon? ;)

cute house!

Kim-the-girl said...

I love you Shannon. You always bring a smile to my face. Your place looks great, by the way!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Beautiful, beautiful yard, beautiful grass for beautiful kids! love, Jane

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

hey!!! what happened to the "beautiful house" which was my first comment?!?!?! So much for my attempt at poetic-ness!!!! J

Jeni said...

wow! you have some really red dirt! I sell dirt, you know...I pay attention to that kind of stuff. I love your house! It is beautiful. I am jealous of your porch swing.

Beckstrand's said...

Jeni, the red dirt is actually the infamous clay out here. the picture was taken right after they put in the sprinklers so it had been dug up but yes, the builders actually try and grow grass in that!